Pathfinders, a volunteer group, invites the public to join them on organized walks at a variety of beautiful Downeast locations throughout March and April.
All walks are approximately two hours long and may be canceled due to inclement weather. While these group outings are a great opportunity to visit new places and meet new people, all walkers must assume responsibility for their own safety. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the weather and terrain, and consider bringing water and a pick-me-up snack. Also, binoculars or a camera may help you catch a glimpse at wildlife at a safe and respectful distance.
Here’s a list of the planned walks for March and April, as well as the person to contact about each outing:
Sunday, March 2: Easy walk of the Sunrise Trail starting at 1 p.m. in Machias. Meet at the parking lot across Rout 1 from Pat’s Pizza. Call Chad at 332-8072.
- Sunday, March 9: Easy walk starting at 1 p.m. at Cobscook Bay State Park in Edmunds. Meet outside the park. Call Fred at 726-5837.
- Sunday, March 16: Easy walk starting at 1 p.m. at Mowry Beach in Lubec. Meet behind the school in Lubec. Call Frank or Gayle at 733-4234.
- Sunday, March 23: Easy walk starting at 1 p.m. in Whitneyville. Meet at the Whitneyville town hall. Call Chad at 332-8072.
- Sunday, March 30: Easy walk starting at 1 p.m. in Roque Bluffs. Meet at the parking lot next to the church in Roque Bluffs. Call Chad at 332-8072.
- Sunday, April 6: Easy walk starting at 1 p.m. in Eastport. Meet at the public parking lot across from the Eastport Post Office on Washington St.. Call Pat at 853-0824.
- Sunday, April 13: Walk starting at 1 p.m. at Campobello. Meet at the Campobello Visitor Center parking lot. Bring proper ID for the border crossing. Call Dale at 506-752-2446.
- Sunday, April 20: Easy to moderate walk to the Western Head starting at 1 p.m. in Cutler. Meet at the Cutler Post Office. Call Gayle or Frank at 733-4234.
- Sunday, April 27: Easy walk starting at 1 p.m. at Gleason Point in Perry. Meet at the New Friendly Restaurant in Perry. Call Fred at 726-5837.